Thanksgiving is the biggest holiday for travel in the year. Most families will plan their travel 6-9 weeks ahead to get the best seats and travel times. The same holds true when planning for your Pet's care while you are away. The minute you book your air flights, the next thing you need to book is your Thanksgiving Pet Sitting.
Many of my regular clients call me year round with only a few day's notice, which is usually manageable. Last year Thanksgiving was bustling. The leashes where set on hustle and fun, over drive at times. My greatest concern is turning away those loyal clients because I'm already booked.
The most important consideration for your fur-babies while your off to Grandma's house is who's gonna love them, feed them and nurture them while you're away? You're Pets do know you are gone and they don't know you're coming home. Keeping them loved, comforted, exercised and pampered helps while they await your return.
One of the other benefits of a professional Pet Sitter in your home is that it never looks like you're away! Here are some other action items to add to your 'to-do' list before you go away from home:
• Make your home look occupied, & make it difficult to break in.
• Lock all outside doors & windows before you leave the house or go to bed. Even if it is for a short time, lock your doors.
• Leave lights on when you go out. If you are going to be away for alength of time, connect some lamps to automatic timers to turn them on in the evening and off duringthe day.
• Don't allow daily deliveries of mail, newspapers or flyers build up while you are away. Arrange with the Post Office to hold your mail, or arrange for a friend or neighbor to take them regularly.
• Arrange for your lawn to be mowed if you are going away for an extended time.
• Check your locks on doors and windows and replace them with secure devices as necessary.
• Push-button locks on doorknobs are easy for burglars to open. Install deadbolt locks on all your outside doors.
• Sliding glass doors are vulnerable. Special locks are available for better security.
• Other windows may need better locks. Check with a locksmith or hardware store for alternatives.
Don't Tempt a Thief:
• Always lock your garden sheds and garages.
• Use curtains on garage and basement windows.
• Never leave notes on your door such as “Gone shopping.”
Locks…Get the Best:
• No lock, regardless of its quality, can be truly effective. Key-in dead bolt locks provide minimum security. Ask a locksmith for advice on your situation.
• Change locks immediately if your keys are lost or stolen.
• When moving into a new home, have all locks changed.
Targeting the Outside:
• Have adequate exterior lighting. A motion-sensitive light is recommended for backyards.
• Trim trees and shrubs so that they cannot be used as hiding places for intruders.
• Make sure your door hinges are on the inside.
Having an attentive Pet Professional staying with your Pet(s) in their own home gives them a calm, one-on-one connection with familiar home patterns and scents. They know you're gone but being at home does make a huge difference for them.
You can never book your Thanksgiving Pet Sitting too early. My clients have called and booked as early as the May! Don't wait, call and book now.
Peace of mind comes with a solid plan with your reliable, licensed, bonded, and insured Pet professional.
If you have a trip coming up, set up your travel plans now. Hold a Meet and Greet with your Pet Sitter, if you have any questions about how to make a good selection for your needs I always say 'trust your gut'! It doesn't matter if you get a weird pang, don't dismiss it, your gut level is usually spot on! Every professional has references, is licensed, bonded, insured, a great communicator, is Pet CPR & 1st Aid Certified and is 100% Petcentric. Ask them for their references,and check them out! Caring for your pet isn't an after thought, it's a first focus for a pro.
Creating 'happy staycations for you and your Pet' is what we do best. Call today with any questions...people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan. Let us help you create a stress-free plan for you and your Pet this Thanksgiving holiday. Call Kate today, 858-603-9925
2021 TOP PET SITTER IN CALIFORNIA
This blog is dedicated to my Paw Parents and their voiceless Fur Family members. On pulse on all things Holistic Wellness to help your furbabies thrive and give you peace of mind.